Thursday, October 24, 2013

Sex And The City


As you can all imagine, I'm living with a cat with a very swollen head. ( Wonder how that will translate into say Dutch?)

If Lucy wasn't so busy sleeping on the radiator, my purse, the bed she would be jealous of the attention Gus has received.

 She wants me to tell you she can write too. But she's le tired.

Mousing takes it out of a girl.

As does dating.

Break time. Now how do I break that news?  Seriously...

Pros of dating: you get to wear cute outfits instead of work clothes/gym clothes/gardening clothes (though if you saw my garden right now you would think I must have run out of clothes to put on).

You get to go to new restaurants, see shows, talk about yourself and if you're dating someone who was a trial lawyer for 7 years, answer many, many questions.

You get to meet new people and hear their story, and I love a story.

You learn to take the Metro!

Cons of dating: you come home dirty and tired from work and have to take a bath, mess with your hair and put on said cute outfit, when all you want to do is put on your lounge around clothes.

After being gone all day, you just have time to feed the cats before you plunge out into the darkness, leaving them ownerless.
 
At some point physicality will enter the picture and you have to decide if you want to go down this road or not.

And if not, you have to find a loving way to say it.

For once in my life I am at a loss for words.

What would Carrie Bradshaw do?

I ask you. I asked S-man but he has no ideas. Sigh. But then he made a delicious almost encrusted halibut for dinner so he's forgiven.

Could this blog get any more personal? I think not.

 The Author and The Sleeper









23 comments:

  1. SMan and SWoman. Gawd please don't make me ever have to date again. I hope you get into those lounging clothes a few times a week! Myabe you should make a date for Zumba?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! All good things in one outfit, a date and working out.

      And Zumba sure takes care of the physical angle....

      Delete
  2. I guess I'm hopeless. I don't have a cute outfit, and I don't know who the hell Carrie Bradshaw is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have many checked shirts suitable for wear anywhere.
      You never watched Sex In The City?

      Delete
  3. Oh God....I haven't dated since high school.....so no advice other than maybe if you have to think about it too hard, is that hesitancy a sign that you are doubting all this? If the spark is there that decision is a non decision...it will happen. But, like I say, I was the worlds worst dater...I had the worst dates ever, and ended that career very early in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you just put my hesitancy into words perfectly/ Thank you.

      I usually don't date either, I just take hostages.

      Delete
  4. I think Raz is right. Can't imagine dating again, OMG!, but it seems like if the time is right and the person is right, then you will know it. Don't blame you for taking it slowly, tho. Give your heart the time it needs, and someone who really cares will allow you that time. Then tell us all the details ... just kidding. We're rooting for you, Girl, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) If I were you I would fear I would give you all the details!

      Guess I have to trust my heart on this one.

      Delete
  5. Ugh. I do not envy you. Not one little bit. Sounds to me like you're ready to get back to the gardening clothes for a while... Do keep us posted! Oh, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so am. Sunday:see me in the garden!

      Delete
    2. I agree with Deb......if you are thinking about gardening clothes, she isn't a good fit for you......unless, she likes gardening clothes! Lisa

      Delete
  6. I ended that in my 30's and never looked back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to change it up every decade or so. Usually not hard work. Teach me to try and do things differently!

      Delete
  7. You'll figure it all out. Until then, enjoy the halibut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i did. Now waiting for the next dish. so to speak.

      Delete
  8. I have been separated from my husband for over two years, after ending a 35 year marriage. I suppose at some point I will have to enter the dating game again. But the thought almost gives me hives! But at 56, I feel I am too young to be alone for the rest of my life. Thank you for your dating posts, they scare me and give me hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sentiments exactly, scary but eternally hopeful. You are young, so no hurry until you're ready.

      As Lisa says "your day, and your person, will come". Let's have that be our new mantra, shall we?

      feel free to email if you want to chat.

      Delete
  9. Your day, and your person, will come.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy, that transition for work to date clothes sounds rough. I get into my lounging clothes/pj's as early as possible. But all the new fun stuff sounds wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How brave.... how scary.... My son went through a dating phase and, like you, wondered about how to say "sorry not for me" in the least hurtful way. Not sure he ever cracked that one, but I know if I asked about any of his dates afterwards, he'd say "Such a nice person but the spark wasn't there." May you find your spark soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As CB once said: " Life gives you lots of chances to screw up, which means you have just as many chances to get it right..."

    My other fave is by Maya Angelou:

    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." Indeed.
    ( which is why I will never be OK with Carrie marrying Big after he LEFT HER AT THE LIBRARY ALTAR!!!! Idiots-both of them, lol)

    I like that dating pushes people to communicate more succinctly, but the feelings that surround that communication have inspired poetry, song lyrics, and tomes of words for eons. It's a pretty cool interaction with life, IMHO. Enjoy your journey to couple's territory.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As others have noted, I can't imagine dating again either, especially since dating these days seems completely different than it used to be when you had a chance meeting say in a bookstore or some such place and started to chat, flirt, etc. and then hit it off and take it from there. Now it's all electronic, weird. I clearly have no advice for you so I will just shut the heck up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. But this is just the way I like a blog and I'm hanging on to every word.
    Dating! What a terrifying word for a woman whose body has all gone south! I'm left just to live vicariously through your and Gus' writing. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete